Integrative Medicin'es AStounding REsults
Integrative Medicine’s Astounding Results
- Whole Body Comprehensive Care: Using a whole systems approach to health, which couples evidence-based conventional medicine with Traditional East Asian Classical Medicine. For instance, when conventional suggestions for back pain, such as pain medicine, doesn’t work, we may suggest acupuncture, heat therapy, an anti-inflammatory diet, herbal medicine.
- Treating the Whole Person: The beauty of Integrative Medicine, is that, like Classical East Asian Medicine, it views the body as a whole system, not just a body with a disease or a condition. As such, we consider all influences on health: diet, environment, pollution, toxins, relationships, and psychosocial.
- Providing the Foundation of Total Health: Integrative Medicine once again falls in line with Classical Chinese Medicine and the Pillars of Health. Boosting your Immune System, taking care of gut health, working on nutrition (vitamin and mineral deficiencies, food sensitivities), hormone imbalances, as well as tackling toxin exposure.
- Preventing Future Health Crises: As the 2,500 year old East Asian Medical Textbooks states, “Don’t start digging for a well when you’re already thirsty.” This means PREVENTION IS KEY! Integrative Medicine is preventative medicine. Classical East Asian Medicine is preventative medicine. Knowing where you are now, will allow a skilled Doctor of East Asian Medicine to know where you will be headed and when you couple that with lab work and data from Integrative Medicine point of view, its quite easy to see the path and the fork in the road ahead.
- Treating the Root Cause: Root cause is what must be fixed to get your life back to health. Both Integrative Functional Medicine and Classical East Asian Medicine strive to treat the root cause as opposed to the symptoms, which are called the “Branches” in East Asian Medicine. Its easy to put a band-aid on an issue, to suppress an immune system, to alleviate inflammation, but tackling the ROOT CUASE is what will stop the assault on ones body from happening again. As an Integrative Medicine Clinic we strive to bring the best of Traditional East Asian Medicine to our patients. Modern Science has a lot to share, and even more impressive, is the many similarities it has to East Asian Traditional Medicine. At our Integrative Medicine Clinic In Kirkland we show people how relevant the WISDOM of the past is to our current state of Health and Wellbeing, as well as how it’s being corroborated by Western Scientific Research.
- Why The Integrative Approach Matters: The tsunami of ill health facing America and the World today is the reason for this approach. Currently, 50% of adults have at least one chronic health condition, 25% of adults have two or more chronic health conditions, and, astonishingly, 86% of all healthcare costs are accounted for by chronic diseases, which is more than $3 trillion! https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24742395/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27733281/ https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/nationalhealthexpenddata/nhe-fact-sheet
Integrative Medicine and Current Research Most patients don’t realize that “Research into acupuncture as a medical treatment has grown exponentially in the past 20 years, increasing at twice the rate of research into conventional biomedicine. Over this period, there have been over 13,000 studies conducted in 60 countries… A wide-variety of clinical areas have been studied, including pain, cancer, pregnancy, stroke, mood disorders, sleep disorders and inflammation, to name a few.” Within these studies Acupuncture has been shown to have a positive effect on: allergic rhinitis, knee osteoarthritis, chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, migraine prevention, chronic low back pain, postoperative nausea and vomiting, headaches (tension and chronic), postoperative pain, post-stroke, obesity, neck pain, anxiety, plantar heel pain, adult asthma, etc. https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/acupuncture-scientific-evidence/
We love reminding our patients that, ultimately, no matter what ailment afflicts you, always know that the true genius and essence of Traditional East Asian Medicine is that it doesn’t just treat symptoms, diseases or illness’s, IT TREATS PEOPLE. That is what makes its efficacy often appear “miraculous” in many chronic and hard to treat cases.
Dr. Skyeler Francis excels at providing relief from chronic, hard-to-treat conditions and gets the greatest joy in bettering the health and life of every patient.
As a student of world-renowned teachers, he’s been blessed to have had access to the best education of both worlds, the Classical Timeless brilliance of at least 2,500 years of continuous clinical experience that is East Asian Medicine as well as the cutting edge expertise of Integrative Functional Medicine as offered by the Top-Tier Post-Doctoral Education Institute of Functional Medicine AFMCP (Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice).
Dr. Francis is motivated to prevent health imbalances by integrating the centuries old diagnostic skills and medicines of Traditional East Asian Medicine coupled with the cutting-edge advances of modern Science and Functional Medicine. He’s excited to share the proven efficacy of thousands of years of Traditional East Asian Medicine and believe’s it is poised to make the greatest contribution to society, to date. As current science redefines what health and wellness means, acupuncture, natural herbal medicine, science based nutrition and dietary coaching, healthy exercise, and lifestyle coaching, are the time-tested, comprehensive keys and answers to the maintenance of health.
Schedule an appointment or consult with us, call: (425) 307-1559